This course will take staﬀ who work within Internet Intelligence & Investigation (I3) roles to a standard which will allow them to conduct research and gather intelligence and evidence against individuals or organisations who have a presence on the Internet.
Delegates will be trained in accessing the Internet without leaving a Law Enforcement ‘footprint’ and capture product safely in accordance with appropriate legislation.
The culmination of this training enables students to safely introduce this product into the Law Enforcement corporate memory.
• Be able to operate in law enforcement investigations online at all levels of the UK national intelligence model.
• Be able to conduct activity to track and trace the online oﬀender to support ‘real world’ activity and tactics.
• Be able to identify and advise on activities where an authority is required under current legislation.
• Be able to conduct covert activity in the digital space in a cost efficient and eﬀective manner to support your agencies intelligence requirements.
• Be proficient in the use of various software applications to use in support of your investigation.
• Understand what data can be made available through other service providers.
• Be able to operate safely online using obfuscation techniques.
• Understand the processes of product evaluation, capture, storage, retention, audit and disposal.
• Be able to create an intelligence document from OSINT product.
• The law applicable to Open Source Research. National guidance.
• Searching Internet utilities.
• Evidence capture.
• Software to Support Investigations.
• Social Media.
• Security on-line
• Intelligence support
• Intelligence/evidence preparation
2 days classroom based or can be ran virtually where required
Dates and Venues:
Please contact us for details