This course has been designed with two specific groups of operators in mind.
Staff that investigate Cyber-attacks and staff that conduct sensitive exploitation techniques against individuals, devices, and sites.
The course will provide delegates with a base level of knowledge on which they are encouraged to build upon to hone their skills. The course is a blended learning course with a significant element undertaken by the student before they arrive at our classroom. Students are shown the safest ways to practice their new skills and continue to develop and learn in an arena that is constantly developing.
• Gain an understanding of the basic concepts of computers, infrastructure and relevant elements of networking for effective investigation strategy.
• Be able to recognise the requirement for and implement a clear and robust digital policy for investigation.
• Have an understanding of legal, ethical and moral expectations, building on the foundation of public trust within this relatively new and complex arena of Cyber security and investigation.
• Gain skills and knowledge to allow for informed decisions when developing an investigative strategy when investigation Cyber criminality
• Start to understand the cyber offensive capabilities (TEI) within the lawful parameters of the Investigatory Powers Act 2016.
The course is delivered in two modules. The first phase is a 3 day on-line learning module delivered via a secure Learning Management System (LMS), hosted by Sorinteq Academy.
Areas covered in on the online element include.
• Jargon Buster Reference Chapter
• The Security Mindset
• Essential Information Security Concepts
• Software - Understanding known vulnerabilities / protections/ malware Networks - General wired and wireless network principles. Understanding protocols and infrastructure
• Overview of common attacks and counter measures
• Web applications and special topics
• Understanding database supported applications
• Privacy and Anonymity
Following this, the classroom phase comprises of two days where the theory will be put into practice through practical exercises undertaken with the course Instructor.
These exercises will include:
• Thinking like a Hacker & Setting up a Lab (Virtual Environment)
• Foot Printing - Planning an Attack
• Obfuscating your own system and tools & Introduction to Hacking tools Basic Network Enumeration
• The Role of Social Engineering
• Overview of Trojans / Virus' / Worms / DDoS / MAC / DHCP Attacks
• Understanding fundamental hacking tools & techniques
• Walk through of a "Hack"
• Overview of common vulnerabilities including FTP & SSH
• Exploring and understanding the concept of Privilege Escalation
3 days online plus 2 days of classroom study
Please contact us for details