This course has been designed for officers and staff who investigate serious and organised crime, and complex investigations. The course will provide the understanding required to investigate the criminal use of online cryptocurrencies used to launder criminal proceeds and explore current legislation and processes both in the UK and Internationally to assist in tracing and securing those funds.
• Have a clear understanding of the Blockchain
• Understand the technical elements of Blockchain composition and role in investigations
• Understand the wider Crypto Currency arena and criminalisation of different currencies. Wallet explanations and review of other currencies.
• Understand the mechanics of a Crypto Currency Transaction
• Understand how Crypto Currencies are hidden and moved actively by criminality across a number of different facets.
• Understand the presenting and briefing different entities in order to secure and preserve best evidence in relation to Crypto Currency investigations.
• Have an understanding of the fundamentals of Crypto Currency Investigation including confirmation of student learning through exercise debrief
• Have an overview and understanding of presenting and briefing different entities in order to secure and preserve best evidence in relation to Crypto Currency investigations.
• Introduction to the Blockchain and Crypto Currencies
• Understanding Blockchain Technology
• Introduction to Crypto Currency and Wallets
• Sending and Receiving Crypto Currency - Exercise
• Moving and Cleaning Crypto Currency - Tumblers, Washers, ATM's, Casino's
• Crypto Currency Wallets Part 2 - Forensics and Attribution
• Course Exercise and Debrief - Researching the journey of currency through various wallets.
• Presenting intelligence and evidence of crypto currency usage; SIO, Authorising officer, search team, Forensic analyst, CPS to support charge, court presentation
2 days of classroom study
Dates and Venues:
Please contact us for details